Friday, August 13, 2010

Memories

When I was small, we lived with my grandparents while my dad finished school.  So for the first two years of my life, I was not only the only grandchild, I had Grandma's attention 24/7.  Then for the next four years, I spent almost every Saturday with her going to the "beauty salon."  To say that she was a huge part of my life would be an understandment. 

Grandma loved to garden.  She had green thumb that I've never seen the likes of since.  Anything would grow for her.  One year, she planted  Lily of the Valley all along the walkway since they are my birthmonth flower.  Shortly thereafter when I was 6, Grandma died of a massive stroke caused by high blood pressure.  I miss her every day.  But for years, every spring the Lily of the Valley would bloom and make me feel like she was still there with me in a very small way.  I've tried to grow them myself, but they never took. 

So when I saw this stamp set from PTI's Year of the Flower series, I knew it had to be mine.  I paired it with SU's new Daffodil Delight cardstock and PTI's New Leaf cardstock.  The ribbon is SU's Crushed Curry from last year's In Colors.  It actually goes very well with the new Daffodil Delight. 

This card makes me smile.  It cheers me up.  Hope it makes you smile too.

3 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, Deb, as are the wonderful memories of your grandmother! These are my mom's favorite flower and I always think of her when I see them. Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete