Thursday, August 19, 2010

Dads

I've spent my entire life as Daddy's Girl.  My dad was not always an easy man to live with.  We inherit so much from our parents and he got his dad's temper.  Which he passed on to me.  It seems to be diminishing through the generations and that's a good thing. 

But I digress.  My dad is special to me.  So I want to make his birthday a special occasion.  I really struggle with masculine cards, so I was pretty pleased that this came together so well. 

The PTI On the Road set seems very appropriate for my father.  He loves cars.  Really, really loves them.  Some of my most vivid childhood memories take place at car lots/car dealers.  He's even been known in recent years (now that all of us are grown and gone) to go out to a yard sale (another of his loves) and come home with a Mercedes Benz, LOL~  I can't wait until my daughter is 16 and goes for her annual weeklong summer visit and comes home with a car.  I only wish I was kidding. 

Anyway, the green brown combo appealed to me..  The double yellow stripe on the side is my attempt to make it look like the car is indeed "on the road."  Sometimes I think it looks okay; other times I think it looks like it's just hanging out there in space.  Either way, I hope dad will like it. 

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment