Friday, January 8, 2010

This one's for Ted

My most humble apologies.  I can't believe I haven't updated in over 2 months.  I'm going to claim holiday immunity and leave it at that.   

But my good friend Ted was asking about star lovers so I thought I'd post these two quick and easy cards just for him. 


This is a card that I made for a male birthday.  I struggle making cards that are not too frou-frou.  The red, white and blue theme as well as the complete absence of flowers seemed to be the best I could do, LOL. 

Stampin Up Pacific Point and Real Read cardstock and ink.  SU Pacific Point ribbon and SU word window punch.  PTI Star Prints stamp set. 


















I was in charge of a large fund-raiser event at work this year (and the last 16 years, LOL).  People donate food and time and I wanted a little something to say Thank You!  I whipped up 30 of these little beauties in only about 20 minutes.  The theme was Be a Star in Someone's Life, so I thought this worked really well.  The campaign colors were red and blue, so I echoed those in my design. 

Neenah white cardstock, SU Brilliant Blue and Real Red inks, PTI Fancy Flourishes, Star Prints and Giga Guidelines stamp sets.

















Well, that's all for today.  Hopefully, I'll have a new post for you in a day or so.  We got snow last night, although nothing like the 25 inches we got before Christmas, so I'm staying home to play in my studio today.  I need to get out all my Valentine's Day sets for inspiration. 

Later folks!

10 comments:

  1. Love these cards, and I'm so happy you posted! I "need" this set!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb, I love this card, but I do have one complaint!

    Now you have me wanting Fancy Flourishes! I love how you incorporated that flourish with the star! I always love your work and can't wait for your next post! :) Thanks for doing this for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these, my favorite is the second one, it's stunning & would be easy to mass produce. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great birthday card and perfect thank you cards! Star Prints is on my very long PTI wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. good to see that you updated your blog after all this time..U know I checked your blog several times in the last few weeks only to find that you didnt update your blog...anyways, loved the one with the flourish..beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the flourish, that was very nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards! They look great. I especially like the second one because it has that amazing flourish and more white space. I'm so glad to see you are posting again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great cards. I love the CAS look of the second one.

    ReplyDelete