Sunday, January 17, 2010

V-day Card #5: Vintage


I totally stole the idea to use these labels to make a vintage-y background from Dawn McVey.  In fact I ordered this set just to be able to do this.  I really love it!

My man has been on a travel kick lately.  He's been bugging the living daylights out of me to go on a cruise, to take a religious tour of the middle east and Israel, to jet off to the Caribbean.  Me, I'm a home-body.  I'm much happier sleeping in my own bed, cooking in my own kitchen and having all the comforts of home just a few steps away. 

We're compromising, so I thought this sort of looked like the old-style travel stickers that you used to see on luggage.  Maybe we'll try a short cruise this year and save the longer, further-away adventures for when the kids are a bit older. 

PTI Vintage Cream cardstock, Scarlet Jewel CS and button, rustic white twine, heart punches and stampset.  Stampin Up Pretty in Pink cardstock and Dazzling Diamonds glitter.  Embellished heart punch by Martha Stewart. 

Thanks for joining me on my Valentine's Day card journey.  Later, y'all

3 comments:

  1. Ohhh I like this! Especially the background, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the background and I, too, want that set simply to do just what you did. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete