Saturday, January 30, 2010

V-day Card #11: Embossed Simplicity


I've been itching to use this embossed frame since I bought it last year.  And the Scarlet Jewel/Sweet Blush/Smokey Shadow combo has been calling my name. 

So this is what happened on a snowy Saturday afternoon when I combined the two.  I thought that the frame with the bling was ornate enough to carry the front without much else. 

PTI cardstocks, Simple Valentine stamp set, embossed frame by Sizzix, and Kaiser rhinestones. 





Taking a note from much more accomplished designers, I also decided to decorate the inside of the card.  The embossed frame cuts out this heart in the center of the frame.  I wanted a sentiment in the middle on the front, but waste not, want not so I used it on the inside. 










On a side note, we are expecting about 6 inches of snow here in DC today.  We were only supposed to get a dusting, but the forecast changed overnight and now we are getting dumped on.  It's been snowing since about 9 am here with no signs of stopping; we have 3"+ already.  Winter has been harder here than it has been in years.  The kids are loving it and it reminds me of home (near Pittsburgh, PA).  I think we're off to go sledding.  Ciao!!!

5 comments:

  1. Love this! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. NOOOO I am not tired of seeing your cards! They are LOVELY!! :) I ADORE the one you shared today.. that frame embossed heart is so CUTE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm, that heart frame is so pretty! I've LOVED looking at all of your valentine cards!

    ReplyDelete