Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Progress is being made

One more dozen Christmas cards are done.  :-) 

I got up early on a Saturday and took a drive to Joan B's stamp and craft sale.  She had SO many cute things for sale.  My imagination was running wild thinking "If this is what she's selling, how much great stuff is she KEEPING???"  LOL~ 

One of the wonderful finds I made was this Thomas Kinkade stamp.  I knew at a glance that it was perfect for some of our Christmas cards.  My DH and I love G. Harvey, Thomas Kinkade and other artists like that.  There was another lady looking at this stamp, so I waited patiently until she put it down and walked away and then I nabbed it!  I felt just a bit guilty, but not enough to let it stop me. 

But I feel that my card needs "something".  I don't know what that something is, but maybe you do.  Please let me know if you have a great idea.  I don't want to detract from the beautiful image, but it feels a bit empty.  Please excuse the black line at the top right of the image.  My camera needs to go in for maintenance; something is wrong with the zoom lens :-( 

PTI Scarlet Jewel cardstock; SU Handsome Hunter CS; Kaiser Pearls; random Offray Outlet Ribbon; Sepia Versafine ink; CHF Thomas Kinkade stamp. 

Have a great day and thanks for looking!

7 comments:

  1. Wow! I personally like it just the way it is. I guess I lean towards less is more. I love the touch of shimmer, and the pearls in the corner are perfect. This is a fabulous holiday card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are LOVELY! and GOOD JOB on getting so many cards done already!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great wintery cards - really makes me want to get this stamp!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think it needs a thing. Images that are scenes (I think) really don't need much. I love the little bling in the windows. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it is beautiful as it is... Wow! I've seen a few of TK stamps at my local LSS but have hesitated on purchasing as I wasn't sure how they'd be to work with. This is absolutely stunning though and I think I may have to nab one or two now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with everyone else ... it is pure perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Deb, this a beautiful card. It is perfect as it is.

    ReplyDelete