Monday, September 7, 2009

Home Sweet Home

My sister just got married in June.  I love her dearly, even if she did make me wear a yellow dress that reminded me of the scene in Grease (on of favorite movies ever) where Didi Conn has failed dye class and has yellow hair and a yellow dress at a the dance.  Her date tells her she looks like a beautiful pineapple. I felt like a pineapple in a juicer as the dress had one of those rouched waists that made it nearly impossible to breathe or eat.   :-)

Anyway, I digress.  Sis and her new husband also bought a new house in July and moved in middle August.  So I made this card for her to celebrate the occasion. 

Pumpkin Pie and Handsome Hunter SU cardstock.  Stamps and patterned paper are PTI.  Colored with Copic markers.  Ribbon and punches are from SU. 
I really like the way this turned out.  I hope my sister enjoys it as well.  I'll enclose a gift card to Bed Bath and Beyond to help decorate the new digs. 
Thanks for looking!

6 comments:

  1. Cute card - nice job. I'm sure she'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute little house! And congratulations to the new homeowners too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SO pretty and thoughtful! Yours sister will LOVE it :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your craft room. Is the floor hardwood or laminate and are you happy with it. What do you use on it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your sister will LOVE her card (and no doubt more than you loved that yellow dress! Your description was too funny!! LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! Warm and cozy... and I'm a sucker for plaid and polka dots! :)

    ReplyDelete