The challenge was to use tissue paper on a card. This is what I ended up with after three false starts, LOL. First I decided to try a painting technique that I've seen before where you wad up tissue paper and daub it on wet paint leaving behind a nifty distressed pattern look. So I dabbed bronze pigment ink on a piece of cardstock and tried it. Nothing happened. Strike one.
So then I tried it with brown acrylic paint. But the paint dried too quickly to get any sort of design. Strike two.
Next up was embossing plates. I embossed some cardstock with the woodgrain plate and then painted it with brown acrylic paint and brayered the tissue on top of the paint. A kindergartener could have done better. Strike three, but I wasn't out yet.
Thus the nothing new, but tried and true, tissue paper flowers. I used two different scalloped punches to give a bit of a different look. I also sprayed each flower with a mixture of bronze Perfect Pearl and hairspray to give it a bit of shimmer. Hard to see in the picture.
So there you have it, my attempt at recycling nothing into something. I'm in need of birthday cards in my basket, so I'll keep it, but not my favorite. I don't do well under pressure, LOL.
Thanks for looking and more later.